Friday, September 12, 2008

english please???

So I had to go pick up my bridesmaids dress in Cool Springs, on the way I noticed that the gas station by the stadium was at $3.55. I bypassed it, thinking I could get a better price somewhere. I get to Cool Springs, get the dress, grab Chris lunch from Calypso and head back to Keystone. After lunch, I notice gas prices are at $3.99. So I take my chances and head over to Shelby Ave hoping that gas was still cheaper there. It was at $3.59 so I get gas there. I'm waiting on my turn, and I notice this nice Lexus pull up. I'm on the phone with my mom and the driver gets out. I look over and he looks at me as I'm telling mom it's LenDale White! He sees me say his name and he kind of smiles, I guess because a girl actually knew who he was. (BTW, he plays for the Titans...I think he's a running back...not sure). Anyway, so I pull in, fratically texting Chris to tell him...but trying not to look like a big idiot. I start pumping and the passenger side window starts rolling down and I look up. It's yet another Titans player (who's acting like a big baby right now...) and I guess a friend of theirs. The friend says hey to me, asks me how I'm doing and then utters these words "let me holla 'atcha Ma". What exactly does that mean? Is that english? So, it kind of made it awkward when I explain to the guy I'm married, with kids. I really wanted a pic, or at least an autograph...but how do you do that when you've shooed away one of their friends? Anyway, so now all I've got is my memory...no proof. But if you talk to anyone who spoke to me afterwards, I'm sure my excitement could be all the proof needed. So if anyone wants to stake out the Exxon outside LP Field around 2:30, you might catch a Titan getting gas. And btw, even LenDale White was making a big deal out of the outrageous gas prices. If he's complaining based on his salary, I wonder if he can imagine what the rest of us are feeling.

No comments: